Case study: Southfield Road
This scheme was delivered using an innovative partnership approach between Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA), Westleigh Developments and Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council. The Council, like many local authorities, did not have the in-house skills and experience to deliver housing on a large scale. The development was split, with 38 affordable homes for NCHA and 30 affordable homes for Hinckley and Bosworth.
- Tenure: Affordable rent and Shared Ownership
- Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
- Client: Hinckley and Bosworth Council and Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Funding: Homes England for NCHA’s units; a Westleigh developer grant for the council’s units
- Number of homes: 68
- Completion year: 2018
- Services provided by Pelham: Development / Contract Management
"These new homes are a great addition to HBBC’s stock of over 3,300 council houses. I am very pleased that this new site is now completed and our first tenants have now moved in. I hope they enjoy living here and will soon feel at home."