Case study: Southfield Road
This scheme was delivered using an innovative partnership approach between Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA), Westleigh Developments and Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council. The Council, like many local authorities, did not have the in-house skills and experience to deliver housing on a large scale. The development was split, with 38 affordable homes for NCHA and 30 affordable homes for Hinckley & Bosworth.
- Tenure: Affordable rent and Shared Ownership
- Location: Hinkley, Leicestershire
- Client: Hinckley and Bosworth Council and Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Funding: Homes England for NCHA’s units; a Westleigh developer grant for the council’s units
- Number of homes: 68
- Completion year: 2018
- Services provided by Pelham: Development / Contract Management
"These new homes are a great addition to HBBC’s stock of over 3,300 council houses. I am very pleased that this new site is now completed and our first tenants have now moved in. I hope they enjoy living here and will soon feel at home."