Case study: Garnet House
Garnet House was the final phase in a 93-home project for the client on Nottingham's Denman Street Central and the old Globe pub.
On the site of a former pub, these contemporary care and support flats were designed sensitively and creatively, to maintain a homely feel while also providing necessary support facilities. The flats have been built with historic industrial features, to blend in with the nearby buildings and reflect the scheme’s heritage.
- Tenure: care and support independent flats
- Location: Nottingham City
- Client: Nottingham Community Housing Association, in partnership with Nottingham City Council
- Funding: Homes England, Nottingham City Council and Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Number of homes: 21
- Completion year: 2018
- Services provided by Pelham: Architectural services / Development services / Contract Management services
"This area of Radford had long been on my list of areas I want to improve. Over the years we had real problems with anti-social behaviour here. The old pub attracted squatters and there were a number of fires. Our partnership with NCHA has completely transformed the area and we’ve had people queuing to move in to these lovely new, warm homes."