Case study: David Taylor Close
We worked closely with North-West Leicestershire’s urban designers to develop a scheme following the principles of “Building for Life”.
The layout of bungalows and houses was designed to fit in with local traditional farmyard and terraced cottages. The resulting scheme was awarded A+ rating from the council’s Ourplace quality rating scheme, the first scheme to be awarded top marks.
- Tenure: Affordable rent and Rent to Homebuy
- Location: Heather, Leicestershire
- Client: Nottingham Community Housing Association in partnership with North West Leicestershire District Council
- Funding: Homes and Communities Agency, NCHA and North West Leicestershire District Council
- Number of homes: 11
- Completion year: 2011
- Services provided by Pelham: Architectural services / Development services / Contract Management services
"The houses we build today are our legacy for future generations. This new development not only provides much needed affordable housing but makes a positive contribution to Heather. It has high environmental credentials so it not only meets our design expectations but complements our Green Footprints Challenge initiative."