Designing a new home for NCHA
Our exciting plans for the redevelopment of the former college site on Farnborough Road in Clifton have been granted planning permission from Nottingham City Council.
The Pelham designed scheme, for Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA), is an ambitious one. It will be a mixed-use development, retaining the existing sporting facilities and introducing a new office, café and residential buildings.
By combining these different elements to the site, we hope to create a community focal point that supports the local sports clubs, creates job opportunities, is energy efficient and provides a safe and secure hub for living, working and playing.
Our approved plans include:
- A new headquarters for NCHA which will house a call centre, a training facility, a maintenance depot, and a café for NCHA colleagues and the public
- 50 apartments for older people with onsite support and communal facilities
- 14 apartments and six bungalows for supported living
- Retention of the existing sporting facilities, including a gym, changing rooms, and football pitches
- Parking for 185 cars (including electric charge points) and up to 30 cycle stores.
The development has been sympathetically designed to make sure it doesn’t compromise the openness of the countryside views, and we’ve incorporated living walls and green roofs throughout to add to the rural nature of the setting.
The site will strive to be energy efficient, incorporating heat pump systems, and ensuring carbon neutral materials are used throughout the build.
Work is hoped to begin in the summer, the new offices should be complete by autumn 2023 and rest of the site in the summer of 2024.